Don't miss an episode of the Leaders in the Trenches Podcast. Subscribe now.
The content marketing revolution is growing even more important. Forward thinking companies are starting to think like “old school” publishers. The are developing content that teaches the marketplace something new. Our guest today is Byron White, with Writer Access. Discover the power elements of content marketing so you can develop your marketing strategy.
Target Audience: Writer Access connects 25,000 customers with freelance writers. It helps customers connect with writers to develop quality content. Writer Access serves Fortune 500 companies as well as small businesses.
The Need: People lack the time to create content or even to create a content strategy. Byron says to learn to on-board a writer who can match your DNA, your tone and style. Then let that writer pitch ideas to you and develop content you think would help your customers. This makes your website and brand more engaging and interesting.
This is not hard. It just takes commitment in the long haul of seeing the effects of quality content.
It’s better to have a lot more eyes thinking about some things and doing some of the details.
- First Step: Get an editor. Letting someone else guide the missile to the target is key.
- Second Step: On-board the writer
This is very much like planting a bunch of different acorns. You don’t know which will end up being the tree but you plant a bunch of different ones. Help it grow. That’s what you need when it comes to content. Create the bite sized nuggets and then go deeper. You’ve got to create consistently high quality content and align with your brand.
We’ve simplified the process. How?
- The Customer Journey map: These point your content in the right direction. It helps no matter what different stage one is. Then it is translated to developing topic ideas.
- Buyer persona map: ask them why they bought your services. Learn their story.
- A keyword map: research your competition
Create content that’s engaging – targeting personalities who are driven by your content.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How to create quality content with professionals
- The strategy for hiring help
- Why you could let someone else guide the content missile
- Creating many many bite sized nuggets of content
- Why patience is key to this whole process
Practical and Actionable:
Interview 4-5 people who are recent buyers. Go back and explore where their mind was- their story. That will give you quality content.
Resources and Links
- Official Site of Writer Access
- Write to Byron: firstname.lastname@example.org email him for a free ebook on content strategy!
- Join the Content marketing conference in Boston. If you want a discount, just email Byron!
- Start the Challenge: “Authority Gap” – Sign up to receive 5 daily videos that will guide you to bridging “the Authority Gap.” During the challenge, you will get a daily exercise showing a counter-intuitive way to go from “invisible” to a recognized authority.
- Sign up for the Free Training on the 3 Dangerous Trends Even Smart Business Owners Face That Keep Them From Attracting High-Value Clients and Building A Growing Business!
- Schedule Your Results Roadmap Talk with Gene
- Share the LOVE and TWEET about this episode.
- Be the AUTHORITY in your target market and SHOW UP DIFFERENTLY
- Leave a review in iTunes!
How is your business going…would you like to talk about it?
I love my audience of listeners. I really do. I would love to help you in some way. I started doing calls with listeners and realized that it was a great way to understand you.
Okay, then I formalized the process to offer a Results Roadmap… it is a private one-on-one call with me about your business. I want to help you see your roadmap with more clarity and confidence. Find out more about the Results Roadmap (it takes you to my personal website). This is not a sales pitch. Let me serve you.
A QUICK FAVOR
And lastly, please leave a rating and review for the Leaders in the Trenches on iTunes (or Stitcher) – it will help us in many ways, but it also inspires us to keep doing what we are doing here. Thank you in advance!